Discipleship: Jesus' Purpose, Plan, and Pattern, Part 1: Studying and Discovering with Logos Bible Software
Time: 110 Minutes (1 Hours, 50 Minutes WOW!)
Logos Version: 5 (compatible with all versions of Logos)
Bonus: Receive the presenter's notes that can be converted to a Logos' searchable, Personal Book
2. Recommended but not Required Resources
A. The Resources
B. Creating a Discipleship Collection
C. Super Search for Finding Resources on Discipleship
D. Biblical Search Ranges
E. Discover Existing Resources in your library about a fasting
F. Additional Articles
3. Readying for Discipleship Research
A. Leveraging the Home Page to overview the topic of fasting
D. Passage list
E. Saving the Layout
4. Tools for Overviewing the Topic of Discipleship
A. Using the Home Page
B. Dictionary Searching
5. Strategies for Organizing the Vast Topic of Discipleship
A. Chronological Approach (Harmony: 1 Narrative, Synopsis: Side by Side)
B. Relational Approach
C. Geographical Approach
D. Topical Approach
E. Event/Activity Approach
F. Hybrid Approach
6. Key Questions on Discipleship that Need Answers
A. How does Jesus define discipleship?
B. How does one become a disciple of Jesus?
C. What does a disciple need to know?
D. What does a disciple need to do?
E. What is the character and fruits of a true vs. false disciple?
F. What is the relationship of a disciple to God, Christ, Spirit, Word, Prayer, etc...
G. How does one disciple another disciple?
7. Word Studies: Digging Deeper with Key and Related Terms
A. Key Words / Word Studies
B. 20 Key words related to discipleship
C. Related Words / Word Pictures / Themes
8. Cross Referencing for Parallel and Related Passages
C. Treasury of Scripture Knowledge & Tools
10. Examining Theological Resources
A. Search Example #1
B. Search Example #2
11. Gleaning OT Passages for Discipleship Insights
A. Search Example #1
12. Illustration/Application Strategies
A. Searching for Illustrations/Applications
B. Home Page > Discipleship > Illustrations
D. Key Passage
13. Jesus Pattern
A. Authority to Make Disciples
B. Personal Call > Establishes Small Group
C. Two Types of Calls
D. There will be a Personal Response
E. Presenting the Cost of Discipleship
F. Provide Time for a Thoughtful Response