1. Preparation – We will introduce a topic, provide background material, and lay the groundwork for you to apply the ideas for each step in the Bible study and sermon preparation process.
2. Instruction – Here we’ll provide in-depth information so you can focus a specific Bible study and/or sermon preparation step.
3. Application and Practice – Two examples will be provided. One from the Old Testament and one from the New Testament, so you can see how to apply the knowledge you have gained so far and practice yourself.
4. Training Videos – Links to videos will be provided for additional Bible software training. Here you will learn how to use your Bible software for Bible study and/or sermon preparation.
5. Extra Credit – Here is additional information, training, and exercises to further your skill in studying the Bible and/or preparing a sermon.
6. Excel Still More – One of the best ways to improve is to analyze what you have accomplished. This section will provide self-evaluating questions so you can critique yourself and confirm you are on a path of improvement.
7. Recommended Books – If you wish learn more, a brief list of books is included for additional study.
Chapter 1 – Before You Preach, Worship!
Chapter 2 – Finding the Treasure in the Text
Chapter 3 – Removing the Veil of Babel
Chapter 4 – Opening up the Time Capsule
Chapter 5 – Seeing the Forest and the Trees
Chapter 6 – Hop, Skip, and Jump
Chapter 7 – Double Take
Chapter 8 – Virtual Reality: Illustrating in Multi-Sensory Mode
Chapter 9 – Living Proof: Incarnating the Living Word
Chapter 10 – Ingredients to Ingestion: Is your Message a Meal, Morsel, or Just Empty Calories?
Chapter 11– Tickling Ears to Training Hearts: What Kind of Message are you Communicating?
Chapter 12 – A Rose by any other Name Would Smell as Sweet!
Chapter 13 – Drop anchor! Dealing with Deep and Difficult Passages
Back to top