6 Month Training Program
The purpose of this one-on-one/discipleship training is four-fold:
First, is to provide you an impartial, objective review of your preaching. This is accomplished by reviewing 5 sermons of your choice against a 60 point criteria. A 5 page report is provided.
Second, is to provide
you practical training to improve your preaching. This is accomplished
in person in a discussion format. We will focus on three areas: sermon
preparation strategies, sermon delivery, and personal character
development. Additionally, 3 preaching books will be personally
selected targeting areas for improvement.
Third, hands on
training in Logos. This is accomplished in person by reviewing and
improving your study strategies using Logos Bible Software 4. We will
not only improve your skill at using Logos Bible Software, but improve
the way you study and prepare sermons with Logos Bible Software 4.
Fourth, after the personal training is accomplished, there will be 6 months of follow-up support.
This includes additional sermon analysis and help to ensure you master
the new study techniques with Logos 4 and the sermon development
* Note: All costs are included in the package such as my transportation to your location and associated expenses.
This training is not for everyone. Therefore, an application process is necessary to ensure this training is a good fit.
Application Process and Prerequisites
- 5 of your best sermons (Expository, Topical, OT passage, NT passage,
special occasion) - audio/video (video preferred) and any
manuscript/pulpit notes required (The analysis of your sermons will be
completed by the day of training.)
- Doctrinal Statement of your church
- Your testimony on how you became a Christian
- Your academic background and credentials
- Ministry/Work resume including how long you have been preaching.
- Basic outline and summary of your study methodology including
average time spent studying per sermon. Please include a list of your
preferred and frequently used books for study (digital and paper)
- Current list of your Logos books & collection
- Church denomination
- Average Sunday sermon attendance, if applicable
- Brief summary of your philosophy of preaching. (Why do you preach?,
The role of the Bible, Your priorities in the Pulpit, Your audience’s
expectations, God’s Expectations)
- Please list 3 to 5 strengths, 3 to 5 weaknesses, and 3 to 5 areas you wish to improve in your studying and preaching.
- A small non-refundable deposit is required
* Note: If the prerequisite material is not
received 30 days before the training appointment, the training
appointment will be cancelled. You will have an option to reschedule
once the prerequisite material is received.
Specific Details of Services Provided
- Basic Report and Analysis of your five 5 Sermons: strengths, weakness, and strategies for improvements
- Targeted and customized training that accommodates your current study methodology
- Explore new areas of Logos to improve study methodology, reduce
study time, and improve accuracy of handling Bible interpretation
- 6 Months of free Logos training support after the training (does not
include technical support, program installation issues, etc..)
- The training will take one of the five sermons and work through the
sermon with Logos 4 to expose strengths, weaknesses, and areas for
- Explore your current Logos library, recommend additional books, and additional study tools outside of Logos
- Explore additional topics: prayer, block diagramming, historical
background, grammar & syntax, word studies, outlining, propositions,
illustrations, applications, theology, power point, & sermon
Still Have Questions?
Please contact me at
firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss this opportunity. This is a serious stewardship and significant investment.